1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virtual London Marathon Runner Raising Funds for West Kent Mind

Discussion in 'Sevenoaks Chat' started by West Kent Mind, Oct 15, 2020. Replies: 0 | Views: 111

1. West Kent Mind

West Kent Mind New Member

THANK YOU to our fantastic supporter, Sarah Spence, who took on the Virtual London Marathon raising a fantastic £660 for West Kent Mind!

“I’ve been running for 3 years now, starting in September 2017 at the age of 56, and this was my first marathon. It was meant to be in London in April this year, I’d won a ballot place, but due to C-19, not only the London Marathon but life in general was cancelled. So I opted for the October Virtual London Marathon along with 45,000 people worldwide. I ran locally around Hadlow on the paths and trails I knew.

I started at 8am Sunday 4th October and had company from a friend for the first 10 miles, then I was on my own. The next 20 miles went quite smoothly. I had company for the last 10 or so miles, but it was a gruelling experience due to the rain and wind which came with a vengeance. The blisters under my feet and the pain in my legs didn’t help, but I finally made it and I was able to raise £660 for West Kent Mind and still rising!

I chose to run for West Kent Mind as it is a charity close to my heart. It that does amazing work and I am grateful for how WKM supported a family member through an extremely difficult period.”

Inspired by Sarah? Contact kate.barnes@westkentmind.org.uk to find out how you can raise vital funds for West Kent Mind.

[​IMG]

The post Virtual London Marathon Runner Raising Funds for West Kent Mind appeared first on West Kent Mind.

Continue reading...