1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

April update

Discussion in 'Otford Gardeners' Society' started by Otford Gardeners Society, Mar 29, 2013. Replies: 0 | Views: 1037

1. The weather at least looks dry for a day or two. Let's hope we can all get out in the garden. :)

Thank you to everybody who raided their garden to provide the society with a wonderful display of daffodils last Saturday. There were 56 individual Narcissi exhibits, which, given the weather was quite an accomplishment. We had a very positive write up on page 4 of this week’s Sevenoaks Chronicle, it is interesting to see that at least one other society had to cancel their show last week.
    We next meet on Tuesday 2nd April to host a Gardeners’ Questions panel with Jean Griffin and Martin Pett. I have had a few enquiries from non-members and I anticipate a larger than usual audience. I would suggest you try to get to the hall early if you want a good seat. Please bring plenty of questions for our guests.
    A reminder that I have arranged an afternoon visit to
    2013 Coolings Centenary
    Providing for Gardeners
    Past, Present & Future
    “Behind the Scenes” guided tour of the Coolings Production Nursery
    Our visit is arranged for Tuesday 23rd April at 2.30pm. It is a FREE event, strictly for members only. Please let me know (if you haven’t already done so) if you want to come (as I need to know numbers) and please arrange your own transport. I understand we will be given a 10% discount voucher for each member to use on the day.
    Telephone me on 01959 523760 or e-mail me at gardeners@otford.net
    Places for the trip to Godinton are now available. Please see the accompanying flyer for details. This trip is not restricted to members so feel free to spread the word. I have some flyers printed off so let me know if you want one.​

The following bits of news come from external sources, I am happy to forward the e-mails on request.

This from Stephen Harmer at Broadview (Hadlow) – please contact him directly if this is of interest to you.
    The following is from Jamie Harris at Chartwell.
    This came from a nursery near Hever. I haven’t used them, but if anybody is over that way next weekend, they would love to see you.
    A Happy Easter to one and all.

Janet

Attached Files: